20080107

REFUGE

I remember how secure I felt when I was in the care of my parents. I had no worries, no needs, and no fears.

So it was somewhat of a shock as I grew older, and realized for the first time that Mother and Daddy were human, and therefore vulnerable to life and death, as were all others around us. I can remember lying in bed at night, worrying about what fate would be mine should anything happen to my parents. Such are the frailties of human existence.

But our relationship with God is different. God is not subject to our human frailties. He never ceases to exist. He is always there to offer shelter, to sustain us in our weakness, and to help us in times of need by His very presence.

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1 (KJV)

No comments: