20071220

CHRISTMAS GIVING

When I was a child I remember asking for favorite toys at Christmas, and I could hardly wait to have them. Days passed slowly as Christmas approached. Every day was filled with the joy of anticipation.

But as an adult with children and grandchildren of my own, I have a different perspective. I still love to be given a nice gift. But since becoming a parent, my primary focus has been on my children. What can I give them that will make them happy?

This illustrates the principle of giving Jesus taught when He said it is better to give than to receive. We have the opportunity to do just that through giving to others at Christmas or any time.

I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive. Acts 20:35 (KJV)

No comments: